Monday, August 17, 2009

Day 22: "Solo" - 8/7/09-8/17/09

Well, after a lot of hard work, a couple of mistakes, and plenty of learning experiences I am finally off of FTO. It was a bit of a rocky road, but now I get to take all of the knowledge I obtained throughout my law enforcement education and take it to the streets. All I really need to do is stay on top of everything and be on my P's and Q's, because I can't afford to slip up now. My agency watches all the new officers very carefully, and I will be no exception. I took some time and set up my patrol car the way I like it and it was an interesting feeling looking to my right and not having someone there.

I won't say I didn't like having someone ride with me, but I personally work better when I am myself. I don't second-guess any of my decisions because my supervisor isn't on top of me, and I will have a lot more freedom to combat criminal activity in my own way that will reflect positively on my agency.

Life is good.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!

    You don't get to relax a little now you're off of FTO?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoying your blog. I just got the "you're hired" letter and will start in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have enjoyed reading your blog. I am suprised how short your FTO is. Our FTO was 15 weeks when i was hired. It has since been increased to 21 weeks.

    ReplyDelete