Thursday, September 10, 2009

Day 24: "Traffic" -8/29/09-09/10/09

Well, this update was far long overdue, but I've been quite busy lately.

I have been doing tons of business checks and deterring crime, both on the sidewalk and on the roadway. I do let some people go, but most end up with a citation. To someone who has received a ticket or two, I can relate that a ticket sucks, but at the same time is a valuable lesson. It is true that some people will never get it until it's too late, but even a warning, written or verbal, does the trick more often than not.

The new shift bids are coming up, and surprisingly seniority isn't too much of a factor, so hopefully I'll get mornings or afternoons. If I do end up getting midnights, I will make the most of it.

I am actually being quite productive, even on checkpoints. I am getting a chance to meet new people and remember people, as well as what they drive. I also have been creating a new way to view the Standard Operating Procedures for my Department... ones that don't have so much wind stuffed in them. I'm letting out the sails and giving you the basic bits. Hopefully it'll be a good boost for the guys just getting on FTO.

In other news, a buddy of mine does professional photography, so I had my car shot. I take fantastic care of my car if I do say so myself. It is a 1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS SLP with 119,000 miles on it, and it is immaculate, down to the last detail. The exterior is no exception. Below is a pic. The Miami sky came alive for the shot, and I love it. Keep in mind, this was taken with a 20 Megapixel camera, and all lighting was done on scene. No photoshop was needed or used.

Camaro picture

No comments:

Post a Comment