Friday, June 26, 2009

Day 7 - "Memory" - 6/25/09

I didn't sleep as well last night as I did the night before, but I still felt well rested and ready to go to work. I checked my email and visited one of the website I frequent, LS1tech.com. I had posted something in one of the sections, and when I refreshed the page, a thread entitled "Michael Jackson dead at 50" popped up. I knew the person who posted the thread didn't care for the artist, so I thought it'd be a link to a funny video. Instead, I got a link to TMZ (who suck, by the way; I wish they got a real life instead of following useless information) stating the Michael Jackson was dead at 50. I also found out Farrah Fawcett passed as well, which was equally a shame. I closed my computer down, got dressed, and headed for work.

I popped the radio on in the car and on EVERY SINGLE station there was Michael Jackson playing, which was cool. Personally, I don't know whether or not he molested children or whatever (in fact, I think the parents who let the kids sleep over are idiots themselves), but positive or negative, he touched the lives of billions of people for more than four decades, which is something very few even fathom of accomplishing. However, even though Jackson was more of an icon, Farrah put up one hell of a fight, and should deserve equal notation in regards to her memory.

Work was semi-interesting, but fun. My FTO was enjoying his day off, so it was a completely new experience riding with someone else. It turned out my best friend's girlfriend was related to him, so we talked all night long. It was a very different experience than riding with my FTO, because although he taught me everything I know thus far and knew the job inside and out, he wasn't nearly as open as this guy, which not only helped me stay awake and let the time pass, but increased my vigilance and love of the job. I even managed to hammer out some extra studying along the way, and began revising an area map that future officers could use.

The time flew by fairly quickly, and before I knew it it was 7AM. We had sat at checkpoint for 90% of the night, but it still was very entertaining. I completed my daily activity sheet, turned it in, and went home. Now I get to enjoy some time off, and I look forward to Sunday night --- I'll be riding with the patrol SGT.

No comments:

Post a Comment